By using the Website and any services available on it, you consent to your personal data being processed in the manner described below. Under no circumstances will it be used otherwise. We therefore invite you to consult and read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, we advise you not to visit nor use this Website and to leave it immediately.
I. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. The personal data we collect
“Personal data” means all information that directly or indirectly identifies a natural person. When you browse our Website, we collect personal data that you provide to us directly, on the basis of consent, in particular by using the contact forms on the Website. This includes your last name, first name, email, phone number, company/university, etc.
2. Why we collect personal data that you provide us
Based on the consent you provide by submitting a contact form, the personal data collected by the Website will be used primarily to communicate with you, in particular to enable us to respond to your requests. Your personal data will also be used as required to comply with any Law.
We collect and use only the information required and necessary for us to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
1. Cookie definition
Cookies are text files saved in the memory of your browser on your hard drive when you visit a website, read an e-mail, install or use a software program or mobile application. This data does not directly identify you; it is used primarily to optimize the operation of the Website and to provide a personalized experience for each user.
You can delete all cookies installed on your computer at any time and disable their acceptance by selecting the option provided in your browser. However, deactivating cookies may cause the Website to malfunction and make certain features or pages of the Website difficult or impossible to access.
2. Personal data that is collected by cookies
3. The purpose of collecting personal data you provide us
The personal data collected via cookies is intended to analyze the traffic of the Website and to establish statistics of frequentation and navigation useful for its maintenance, to preserve safe navigation and to guarantee the proper functioning of the Website. They may also be used for research and analysis purposes.
III. SHARING PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will not market the personal data we collect about you. However, we may share your personal data with third parties in the following cases:
- in the event that the Website requires the services of third parties for its technical maintenance. These third parties will have access to personal data only to the extent necessary to perform such processing and to secure the Website. Multiple Awnings’ technical service providers are chosen for their expertise and reliability and are bound by the instructions we give them to protect the integrity of your personal data. In any case, we only authorize these service providers to use your personal data to the extent necessary to provide services and in compliance with the applicable law.
- for referral purposes to Multiple Awnings’ third-party partners, so that they can communicate with you.
- with the analytical solution service (ex: Google Analytics), as described above.
- in the event of a change of control of Multiple Awnings.
- to comply with legal requirements, including in connection with legal proceedings; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order or other legal process; or to respond to an investigation or request by law enforcement authorities.
IV. RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
At any time, you may contact us in the manner provided in the “Contact Us” section, in order to exercise the following rights regarding your personal data:
- the right to access, rectify or delete all or part of your personal data
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data, ex: the possibility to refuse that all or part of your personal data be used for certain purposes mentioned in this Policy
- the right to limit the processing of your personal data
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
- the right to portability of your personal data, to the extent applicable
subject to any legitimate reasons Multiple Awnings may have for retaining such personal data.
V. SECURITY AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data we collect is stored on secure servers with restricted access. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party service provider provides a secure and adequate environment to protect your Personal Data in accordance with the Act. We use firewalls, SSL protocols, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures to ensure that your data is protected from unauthorized access or misuse. Multiple Awnings also limits the number of employees who have access to your personal data and the number of managers or other representatives who need to view or process it. They are required to maintain complete confidentiality.
Please note, however, that certain laws may authorize a government, court of law or government agency to require the disclosure of your personal data. Multiple Awnings assumes no responsibility in this regard and will not object to the disclosure of your personal data in the event that it is required by such a law. By voluntarily providing us with your personal data, you agree that it may be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the above.
VI. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We store your personal data in the computerized files of Multiple Awnings in accordance with applicable data retention laws in the jurisdictions where Multiple Awnings operates, including those relating to commercial and tax solicitation.
VII. EXTERNAL LINKS
VIII. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our practices regarding the protection and retention of personal data or if you wish to exercise any of the rights set forth in this Policy, please contact Multiple Awnings at the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Or by mail at the following address:
Multiple Awnings / Customer Service
1505A, rue de l’Industrie
IX. POLICY UPDATE
Multiple Awnings reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time to reflect changes in the functionality of the Website, as well as the laws applicable to its activities. Should there be any material changes to this Policy, including changes to the nature or purpose of the use of personal data collected on the Website, Multiple Awnings will take reasonable steps to notify you of any such changes, including prominently posting such changes once in effect, in which case they will be effective immediately upon the posting of such an update.
Date of last update: 08/05/2021